CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Peeps Magnet

I love me some Peeps!  The crunchy sugar coating followed by gooey marshmallow goodness...what's not to love?  Have you ever put a Peep (or is it a Peeps?) in the microwave...they get huge!  Not only are they delicious...they are entertaining too! The first time I see Peeps peeking at me through the cellophane wrapper on a "seasonal shelf" at Target...I know Spring is here. How can we honor the beloved Peeps?  A magnet of course!

I mentioned yesterday that I made waaay too much shaving cream/glue mixture.  So we ended up with this afternoon craft too! (Since I didn't know if it would even work...I didn't take pics...sorry.)

Cut a Peep shape out of cardboard or thick card stock. Paint with the goo.  Sprinkle with sugar.  Add an eye (I cut it out from a brownish colored coupon that was sitting on the counter). When it's dry glue a magnet to the back.



The same suggesting apply as yesterday...it's made with food coloring and will stain...use a paint shirt. Shaving cream is NOT "non-toxic" so use caution!

Happy Crafting!
Ames

0 comments:

Post a Comment