CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Easter Egg Magnet

I've said it before and I will say it again...I LOVE magnets.  We made a bunch of these Easter egg magnets to give as gifts this Easter to each of Finley's grandmas.  Last Mother's Day I bought this kit on clearance to make handprint plaques for the previously mentioned grandmas. 


The marble things were not included in the kit
 The kit included ten individual packs of the clay stuff.  Needless to say we had several extra packs...this is what we used them for. I bought this egg candy mold at Hobby Lobby for like a buck (gotta love 40% off)!  Side note: The young male cashier was ringing up my purchase and said "ma'am, you don't want to buy this package, it's empty." I tried my hardest not to laugh and explained that it's a candy mold and was supposed to be "empty."  And why did he have to call me ma'am?  Do I really look that old?




Put a little oil on a paper towel and wipe the inside of the mold.


Roll the clay into a ball and press into the mold. If you don't have this stuff, you can use Plaster of Paris (but you would pour the mixture in, not roll it in a ball).

Once they are dry, glue a magnet to the back (I started with the glue in the picture but I ended up using hot glue).

 Some we painted with water colors.

 Some we painted in ziploc baggies. 
And yes even 3 month old Sidney can do this!



One of our magnets.  I already put him to work holding up our project from last week's playgroup.


Sidney's creations



Happy Crafting!
Ames

3 comments:

Sarah

Love those! Your so creative always suprise me with your great ideas!

Anonymous

those are ADORABLE!

Megan

Great idea!! Again, loving the way you incorporate baby!

Post a Comment