CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Hearts On My Fridge Make Me Smile

Today has been a day...a long and exhausting day.  All "mommy days" have their ups and downs. At the end of the day if the number of meltdows is less than or equal to (that's the math teacher in me) the number of make-me-smile moments I consider it a success.  Today was consumed by two teething toddlers plus one toddler that was missing his beloved stuffed monkey. Then there's the cat that locked himself in the bathroom (don't ask).  Let's just say tears were a flowin' (all 4 of us!).  It was the kind of days where you wonder, did I take my pill today? Because OMG I can't give one more ounce to one more person.

After Finley's 2 buddies left for the day I walked into the kitchen (23 pound girl on my hip as usual) to finish dinner.  I looked at my fridge and smiled.  The painted and glued and half crumpled hearts made the stress and feeling of incompetence dissipate.  It's true, art is therapeutic and not just for the artist but it's therapeutic to those of us lucky enough to cover our fridge with these creations.  (And it doesn't hurt to know there is a bottle of Pinot Grigio chilling inside that fridge just waiting for toddler bedtime to arrive.) 

More craft ideas to cover your fridge and make your heart smile tomorrow.
Have a good night all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment