CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Cheerio Starfish

This craft was fun for the kids (and doubled as a snack although that wasn't the plan).  Here's what we did...



You will need:
Cheerios
Paper Plate
Glue
Pencil or Pen
Scissors (for the adult)






First, draw a starfish on a paper plate.  I can't draw so I used google images and actually traced it off the computer screen (very carefully of course). Then, fill in the starfish shape with glue.  Note: I should have drawn the outline on the other side of the plate so the lines would not show when it was done...oh well.

 

Pour some Cheerios on the plate and let the kids shake it around and play with them. (Older kids could put the Cheerios on the plate on their own.)We counted the Cheerios and I encouraged the kids to put them on the glue.  I put down a blanket in the living room. Of course Cheerios went everywhere but I just shook the blanket outside when we were done.  In my opinion this is way easier than sweeping up a million Cheerios off the kitchen floor (I sweep that darn floor enough!).



Let the plate dry and then shake off the extra Cheerios.


Use adult scissors to cut out the starfish!


Happy Crafting!
Ames



0 comments:

Post a Comment