CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 18, 2011

Today is...

My birthday!  And guess what my amazing hubby gave me...a new camera (remember I lost mine during our move).  Plus our internet is FINALLY hooked up and that means I am back to blogging!!!!  So exciting.  I wanted to share with you just a couple of the super simple crafts we have done during my forced absence. 

Plastic Wrap Painting (abstract) Flower

I put a piece of white paper (I love cardstock) on a cookie sheet.  Then I put a line of green paint and a blob of red/white paint.  I covered the whole thing with plastic wrap.  Then I let Finley have at it.  I really thought she would like slapping the cookie sheet to make noise but without any prompting she stood on it (the cookie sheet was on the floor) and kinda danced all over it.  It was the funniest thing I saw all day.  I put too much green since the stem ended up looking more like a tree trunk than a  flower stem...oh well.


Easter Eggs

I bought a pack of foam Easter eggs at Hobby Lobby with no real plan for them.  So whenever I didn't have a brilliant craft idea for the day (rare, but it happens...jk!) we decorated them in one way or another.  They are a great base for a project.  You can glue stuff to them, paint them, make picture frame magnets out of them...the possibilities are endless.

Here's one Finley decorated with Bingo Markers.



This one is painted with water colors.


Spring Sponge Painting

I bought a pack of "Spring Sponges" at the grocery store on clearance for like $1.22 or something close to that.  There were different flower sponges, butterflies, etc.  So we used them to make this painting.  Finley was having so much fun that she sponge painted a bit too much :)



So that's what we have been up to!

Happy Crafting!
Ames

0 comments:

Post a Comment