CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 4, 2011

Prickly Cactus from Modern Day Suzy Homemaker

Everytime I visit lindsay's blog, Modern Day Suzy Homemaker, I wonder why didn’t I think of that? She is super crafy and who would have thought that a prickly cactus could be so cute!


Happy Crafting!
Ames


Hi Paint and Prozac followers! My name is Lindsay from www.moderndaysuzyhomemaker.blogspot.com. Amy asked if I could write a guest post while she’s moving. I was honored! So here is a little project to keep your wee ones busy. And to Amy, I hope your move goes smoothly and you are back soon!



You will need: rice, green food coloring, zip top bag, scissors, construction paper or cardboard and glue.

 
Draw and cut out a cactus shape from the constriction paper or cardboard.

Put some rice in a zip top baggie with a few drops of green food coloring and let your little one shake, shake, shake.


 


Next, spread some glue on the cactus cut out.


 
Put the cut out in the box (glue side up) and then dump the green rice on top.


 

Put the lid on the box, add a rubber band to be safe, and let them shake it box.



 


Open the box and shake off the extra rice. Let it dry and there you have it, a Prickly Cactus.


 
Lindsay





0 comments:

Post a Comment